In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Are you new to fundraising? Need some new ideas to help you reach and surpass your goal? You've come to the right spot! But if you still need some help or have some questions, please contact email@example.com.
Here are some easy steps to get your fundraising started and remember to aim high!
1. Personalize your fundraising page: You can do this by signing into your account with RunSignUp at https://runsignup.com/Login and then go to your Profile by clicking on icon in the upper right hand corner. From your Profile, scroll down to your Fundraising section of your profile. Click "Edit Fundraiser" next to the fundraiser to Manage.
Here you can do things like:
If you make changes, don't forget to click on "Save Fundraiser Changes".
2. Make a personal gift and kick start your fundraising and lead by example by making a personal gift. Others will also be more likely to give if they see that you have too!
3. Ask, ask and continue to ask: Starting from the time you register for Paige's Butterfly Run until the fundraising deadline, ask your family, friends, co-workers and others in your network for support as you run or walk to fight pediatric cancer in Central New York.
To find your custom fundraising URL and see what your sharing options are, you will need to be signed into RunSignUp. While signed in, scroll down to your Fundraising section of your profile. Here you will find your personalized fundraising URL.
If you are currently editing your fundraiser, or viewing donations, then you can simply click on the “Links/Sharing” button on the left frame main menu, and this will allow you to view the Fundraiser Sharing Options page.
From this page, you can:
Consider asking family, friends, co-workers and others in your network to support you for a specific dollar amount such as $20, $50, $100. Every dollar counts and makes a difference!
4. Social media: Post on social media to get the word out and encourage family and friends - in Central New York, across the country, and around the world to join the 25th Annual Paige's Butterfly Run.
Leading up to the run/walk, here are some post ideas:
5. Send a letter by mail: Not everyone is on social media or regularly checks email. Consider sending handwritten letters to ask family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and others in your network to donate in support of your efforts. If you receive donations of cash or check, please mail to:
Paige's Butterfly Run, Inc.
50 Presidential Plaza, Suite 106
Syracuse, NY 13202
Please enclose a note describing the individual or team that the donations should be credited to.
6. Start or join a team: Teams are a fun way to bring people together, but safely apart. Recruit your friends, family, and co-workers to join you in your efforts of helping kids fighting pediatric cancer in Central New York. Team members also provide great support to help each other achieve individual goals, and through their collective fundraising, teams make a bigger impact!
7. Company matching gift program: Many employers have a matching gift program and will match charitable donations made by their employees. Each company has its own approach to charitable giving, so please be sure to confirm matching gift program guidelines directly with your employer. If your company does not have a formal matching gift program, ask your company to match each dollar that you and your team members collectively fundraise. This is a great way to double your impact!
8. Continue updating and thanking: Thank you notes are SO important! Make sure to thank people who are making donations in a timely manner (for example: don't wait until the event is over). Remember to also share updates on your progress with your supporters.
Take your fundraising to the next level
You've jumpstarted your fundraising by following the steps above - Now it's time to get creative! Here are ideas to help you grow your impact and provide hope for tomorrow.
- Birthday: In lieu of a gift for your birthday, ask your friends and family to make a donation to support your efforts to fight pediatric cancer and fund hope.
- Host something: Get creative with ways to raise awareness and inspire others to donate to a cause you care about by hosting something! Host lemonade stand. Host a bake sale. Host online karaoke. Host online bingo. Host a trivia night.
- Benefit night at a local restaurant: Check in with your favorite local restaurants. Many places already have programs in place to help you fundraise at their establishment. The restaurant may not be open to inside dining, but remember this could work for online ordering and take out as well!
- Organize a dress down day/casual Fridays/spirit day at work: Select a certain day and allow employees to pay $5 on that day to dress casually/in favorite sports team apparel, etc.