SOLO DIVISION INFO
HOW IT WORKS
- Riders are handicapped with a time deduction or addition based upon four factors listed below
- Time trial start based upon seeding. Highest handicap will begin first
- Start times posted the day before the event
- Mandatory pre-race meeting the night before. But, there will be food and drink!
HANDICAP SYSTEM (Solo) * - download and SAVE Excel spreadsheet to determine team handicap - LINK
- USA Cycling Road Category (if not a member, then a score of 5 or if once a USAC member then the rider's ranking will be the last category on record). If a MTB rider, see conversion.
Gender - 60-minute advantage for females.
Weight - Team weight over 204lbs will receive a 20-minute advantage. NOTE: each member will be weighed (if team value is above the threshold) upon check-in. Cycling clothes w/o shoes, helmet, equipment, etc."
Age - (a person's age is calculated based upon their age on 12/31/2018):
- MTB Pro is Road - Cat 1
- MTB Cat 1 is Road – Cat 2
- MTB Cat 2 is Road – Cat 3
- MTB Cat 3 is Road – Cat 5
- Must be a Cat 3 or greater to not incur a time penalty.
- Point handicap: Each point under 3, 15 minutes will be added. Each point over 3, 15 minutes will be subtracted . Examples: Cat 1. 30 minutes added. Cat 5 - 30 minutes subtracted.
- 20-minute advantage if age is equal to or greater than 50
- 30-minute advantage if age is equal to or greater than 60
* - download and save Excel spreadsheet to determine team handicap - LINK
RULES (Solo) - UPDATED* as of 1/2/2018
- * - No drafting allowed. USA Cycling officials will be on the course.
- Rules of the Road must be adhered to at all times. There is NO INTERSECTION CONTROL throughout the course.
- MANDATORY attendance at pre-race meeting the night before.
- NO changing of bikes outside of designated transitions.
- Team cars are not allowed to follow the riders.
- One vehicle per team with a max. width of 81” and a max. length of 285” (including bike racks). No trailers allowed.
- A team support car is encouraged, but not mandatory for the solo division.
- Event held rain or shine
- Time cut-off is 10 hours or 7pm.
- Aid can only be rendered by team support at transition areas unless a medical emergency has occurred. Race staff must be notified.
- Neutral support will be on the course and they are the only ones who may provide mechanical assistance outside the transition areas.
- Ultimately, all riders must be self sufficient
- There is a section where support vehicles must divert due to low overhang road obstruction.
- Friends and family are strongly discouraged from following riders on the course. Race officials and law enforcement will be on the course and if necessary penalize and/or disqualify teams if non-essential personnel are impeding the event or civilian traffic.
COURSE DETAILS (Solo):
- Mile 17 - Crosses
- Mile 41 - Turner Bend
- Mile 62 - Slate Hill Rd / Hwy 215
- Mile 80 - Mountainburg
- Mile 98 - Brentwood rest area
AWARDS AND CATEGORIES
- Top two handicap
- Top two gross
- Handicap times will be considered the official R.A.P.T.O.R Solo division times.
- Both Time Trial and Road bikes can be used.
- Bike changes can only be made in the transition area.
FIELD AND AGE LIMITS
- Solo - 15 individuals
- 18 year minimum age
- Potato and salad bar with craft beer the night before
- Continental Breakfast on race morning
- Beer and Barbeque at the finish
- Finisher award
- Giveaway prizes
PRE-RACE MEETING (mandatory):
- Mount Sequoyah - has several options from cabins to dorm-style rooms. Something for every budget and the location is spectacular. See LINK for full details. Please mention the RAPTOR Cycling Relay when booking. Call 800.760.8126 or visit website.
SIGN UP HERE