In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
It's a Stafford Halloween tradition! Run with us on October 30th and take on Halloween Hill in the 5K! Kids 12 & under, we have an option for you - you can run with your friends in the Monster Mile! Costumes are encouraged and prizes are given to the best costumes.
We have added a virtual option for athletes who would prefer to participate virtually. Online registration for the virtual races will close at 11:59pm on October 5th in order to guarantee t-shirts for virtual participants.
Once again, you have two options for the Halloween 5K and Monster Mile: In-person and virtual!
The virtual race can be run anytime, anywhere on Saturday, October 30th- Sunday, October 31st.
The in-person race will be held on Saturday, October 30th. The Boys' and Girls' Mile race may be combined depending on COVID-19 guidelines at the time of the race. Tentatively, the girls will race at 8am, and the boys will race at 8:15am. The 5K will start at 8:35am.
For the in-person event, we will have COVID-19 precautions in place and may have a wave start. Please see the COVID-19 section for full details.
Embrey Mill and Rouse Center Annual Swim Scholarship
Since the 2017/18 academic year, Embrey Mill and The Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center have been excited to be award annual scholarships to two high school seniors within Stafford County Public Schools. These scholarships have been awarded to one male and one female college-bound senior currently competing in a Stafford County Public School’s swimming or diving program. Candidates are evaluated on academic achievement, strong character, and active involvement in the Stafford County community.
We would like to thank all of our former and future participants of this race to help make this scholarship happen for years to come!
These guidelines are subject to change depending on the Governor's guidelines on race day. These are in place as of 12/29/2020 and will be updated before race day if needed.
Please adhere to the following guidelines on race day so we can put on a safe event for everyone!
1. Packet pick-up will be held outside of the entrance Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center from 7am-8:15am race morning. Please wear your mask when you come to packet pick-up.
2. Restrooms are located in the JRSSC as well as near Mine Road near the soccer fields. Please wear a mask when you are in either area.
3. All runners are required to wear masks/face covering pre-and post race, but not in the starting corral, during the race, or warming up and cooling down. Race staff and volunteers will be wearing masks or face coverings.
4. No water will be supplied on the course - runners need to BYOW (Bring your own water).
5. Waves may be assigned and runners will be asked to stand on marked spots to maintain social distancing in the starting corral.
6. Anyone who does not feel comfortable getting in to the starting grid with their wave will have up to 2 minutes to start themselves after the rest of the runners have cleared out from their assigned wave.
7. After you finish, a water bottle, donut and banana will be in an individually packed plastic bag with your finisher's medal for you to grab and go post-race.
8. Runners are encouraged to leave finish area ASAP - results will be posted online on this race website under the results tab, and awards will be given out on site as soon as results are ready.
9. No spectators will be permitted near the start/finish line as we need to adhere to the 250 person race limit under Phase 3. Spectators are permitted on the course, but we ask that they maintain social distancing from the athletes.
10. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been exposed - PLEASE STAY HOME! We are happy to move you to the virtual race.
11. All precautions are subject to change so we can adhere to the governor's guidelines. Thank you for your understanding as we work to host a safe and fun event for you!
Overall: Top 3 Male and Female. $75 for first place, $50 for second place, $25 for third place. Note: Overall award recipients will be not be eligible for age group awards.
Age Groups: Top 3 Male and Female. Age Divisions are 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60&Over
1 Mile Awards
Age Groups: Top 3 Male and Female. Age Divisions are 6 & Under, 7-9, 10-12
All awards will be based on Chip Time due to the socially distanced start and a possible wave start.
Packet pick up will be held on Friday, October 29rd from 5:30pm-7:30pm outside the entrance to the Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center. If it is raining, we will be inside on the pool deck.
1600 Mine Road, Stafford, VA 22554
Packet pick up will also be available race morning starting at 7am outside of the JRSSC.
Parking is available at the Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center/Embrey Mill Park.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.