In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
There are currently no events.
Embody the incredible spirit of our community with the 2020 edition of the Mayfaire 5k shirt and medal. Celebrate 41 years of the Mayfaire 5k with a run or walk from the comfort of your home or a local outdoor path.
The 2020 Mayfaire 5k will be a virtual race, rather than in-person. Run or walk anytime, anywhere between Sept 12 - Sept 20.
The Lakeland Runners Club has decided to transition the Mayfaire 5k to a virtual race format for 2020. We value your race experience and always strive to produce the highest quality running events. While the decision is disappointing, the board feels strongly it was the right one for our community, our volunteers, and the participants.
Our mission as a nonprofit organization is to promote running in our community. One of the wonderful ways the LRC does this is by producing races that celebrate competition and fellowship. Implementing the necessary safety protocols to host the Mayfaire 5k in person would alter it in ways that would take away the fellowship and the competition that is important to us. It wouldn’t be much different than a virtual run the way we would need to restrict it, so changing the format keeps our community, participants, and volunteers safer.
The virtual 5k will be $20 for nonmembers, $16 for LRC members (discount applied at checkout), and $8 for youth 14&under.
The first Mayfaire 5k was held May 10, 1980.
Virtual racing is basically running a race with other people - just not all at the same place or even at the same time!
No crowds, no parking hassles, no waiting in line for a portable toilet, no worries about the weather.
We will send race instructions just like a regular race: where and when to pick up your packet, how to submit results, upload photos and printer a finisher's certificate. You are not required to submit a result for the 2020 Mayfaire 5k, and there are no awards, but we will have a results leaderboard just like a regular race.
Virtual results will be accepted September 12 through 20.
Race numbers, shirts and finisher medals will be distributed on Sept 10 - 12, exact details on time and pick up location in Lakeland are being finalized and will be included in the race instruction email.
How to prepare for a virtual 5k:
• continue to train like it is an in-person event
• plan your 3.11-mile route - the Mayfaire 5k course requires 30 volunteers and 15 safety officers to close the course on race day. We encourage you to find an alternate, safer route for your virtual 5k. If you run the Mayfaire route, stay on the sidewalk, follow all pedestrian traffic signals, and remember cars are not watching for runners!
• stage hydration 💦, a photographer 📸, have your family cheer 📣 you on at your finish line and award your finisher medal 🏅
• your race, your pace - whether you aim for a personal victory against the clock ⌚ or enjoy a social pace while chatting virtually with friends, you are in control
• share your accomplishment on social media 🦢🏅🙌
• upload your finish time ⏱ on the Mayfaire 5k result page
• celebrate! 🎉🎉
Youth sizes are short sleeves, ladies specific is a tank top. Anyone may select a unisex short sleeve option.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?