In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
It's a Stafford Christmas tradition! Run with us on December 11th on a 3 mile course along the rolling hills of Mine Road (note: we said rolling, as in gently rolling...NO Halloween Hill. You're welcome.). Kids 12 and under can join the fun in the Reindeer Run! Dressing up is always encouraged - we've seen Santas, Olafs, reindeer, and snowmen!
We have added a virtual option for athletes who would prefer to participate virtually.
This is the 5th and final race in the Stafford Race Series. Please pick up your series gift at the end of your race.
Once again, you have two options for the Frosty 3 Miler and Reindeer Run: In-person and virtual!
The virtual race can be run anytime, anywhere on Saturday, December 11th or Sunday, December 12th. The in-person race will be held on Saturday, December 11th.
Based on the current COVID-19 guidelines (as of 12/29/2020) below is the current game plan for race day:
The mile run will begin at 9am in waves of 25, by age group, approximately 1 minute apart. Wave assignments will be sent out on Friday, December 10th. The 3 Mile race will begin at 9:30am and will also be run in waves of 25. The first wave will be the top 25 males, the second wave will be the top 25 females, and the remaining waves will be run by registration date - earliest to latest. This should allow runners within the same family to run in the same wave. Waves will be run approximately 1 minute apart.
For the in-person event, we will have COVID-19 precautions in place. Please see the COVID-19 section for full details.
Our mission is to serve as a catalyst to ensure that those suffering an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest have a greater chance of survival because they were provided with immediate life saving measures from a community member educated on how to administer CPR and utilize an AED.
Our vision is a community that is educated, confident, and capable of responding to save the life of an individual in need of CPR. Gwyneth’s Gift is a world where everyone can save a life! Through this work her spirit of caring, compassion, and community live on.
Our goals are to promote the importance of CPR and AEDs through education and public awareness campaigns; provide funding for the placement of AEDs in schools and other public facilities; offer scholarships to deserving high school students and encourage medical research and development in the areas of cardiology, neurology, and traumatic brain injury.
3 Mile Awards
Overall: Top 3 Male and Female. $75 for first place, $50 for second place, $25 for third place. Note: Overall award recipients will be not be eligible for age group awards.
Age Groups: Top 3 Male and Female. Age Divisions are 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60&Over
1 Mile Awards
Age Groups: Top 3 Male and Female. Age Divisions are 6 & Under, 7-9, 10-12
All awards will be based on Chip Time do to the socially distanced start and possible wave start.
Stafford Race Series Awards: If you registered for, and completed, all 5 races in the Stafford Race Series, please be sure to get your finishers award and finishers medal near the post-race food. Race Series awards will be mailed to the series winners.
As of 12/29/2020 - Please note that race guidelines may change. Please adhere to the following guidelines on race day so we can put on a safe event for everyone!
1. Packet pick-up will be outside the entrance to the Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center from 8am-9:15am race morning. Please wear your mask when you come to packet pick up.
2. Restrooms are located in the JRSSC as well as near Mine Road near the soccer fields. Please wear a mask when you are in either area.
3. All runners are required to wear masks/face covering pre-and post race, but not in the starting corral, during the race, or warming up and cooling down. Race staff and volunteers will be wearing masks or face coverings.
4. No water will be supplied on the course - runners need to BYOW (Bring your own water).
5. Waves will be assigned and runners will be asked to stand on marked spots to maintain social distancing in the starting corral.
6. Anyone who does not feel comfortable getting in to the starting grid with any of the wave starts will have 2 minutes to start themselves after the rest of the runners have cleared out from the starting area.
7. After you finish, a water bottle, donut, banana and your finishers medal will be in an individually packed plastic bag past the finish line for you to grab and go post-race.
8. Runners are encouraged to leave finish area ASAP - results will be automatically be pushed to the results page on this registration site - see the Results Tab, but will not be posted on site. If you think you placed in the top 3 overall or in your age group, please stay for a brief awards ceremony (mile around 9:20am, 3 Mile around 10:15am) and maintain social distancing during the ceremony.
9. No spectators will be permitted near the start/finish line as we need to adhere to the 250 race limit. Spectators are permitted on the course, but we ask that they maintain social distancing from the athletes.
10. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have a recent exposure - STAY HOME! We are happy to move you to the virtual race.
11. All precautions are subject to change so we can adhere to the governor's guidelines. Thank you for your understanding as we work to host a safe and fun event for you!
Packet pick up will be on Friday, December 10th from 5:30pm-7:30pm outside of the entrance to the Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center, 1600 Mine Road, Stafford, VA 22554.
Packet pick up will also be available race morning from 8am-9:15am (ends at 8:50am for the Reindeer Run) outside of the entrance to the JRSSC.
A mask is required at packet pick up.
Parking is available at Embrey Mill Park/Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center - 1600 Mine Road.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.