RunSignup | GiveSignup Virtual Symposium (Winter)
January 27-28, 2021
Wherever You Are.View Recorded Sessions and Presentations
What is the Winter Virtual Symposium
The 2021 Virtual Winter Symposium is an all online version of our biannual educational symposiums for race directors, timers, and nonprofits. This virtual edition is tailor-made for an unprecedented year, with an emphasis on the event options for 2021 and the tools necessary for success. The symposium will include:
Tuesday, 1/26: Optional Day: RaceDay Certification for Timers
Wednesday 1/27: Sessions focused on the state of the industry and the four main options for 2021 events:
- Virtual races
- Virtual challenges
- In-person events with safety modifications
- Hybrid events with both virtual and in-person elements
Thursday 1/28: Dozens of quick, 20-minute sessions focused on the key technology and tools needed to implement each of the event types explored on Wednesday.
How Does it Work?
The Virtual Symposium will be hosted on two platforms. Wednesday's general sessions will be offered via GoToWebinar, and Thursday's technology highlights will be available via Zoom.
All registered attendees will receive a pre-Symposium checklist to trouble-shoot any technology issues and an email each morning with the links to and any sign-in information for all sessions and discussion groups that day. Recordings of each session will be sent out post-Symposium.
Attendees can stay online all day (11:30am-5:00pm ET), or join only for the sessions most applicable to your event.
Daily Session links will also be available from the website on 1/25. At that time, you will find them here.
Virtual Symposium Agenda
The Virtual Symposium takes place from 11:30am-5:00pm ET (8:30am-3pm PT) Wednesday, January 27th & Thursday, January 28th. For timers looking to be Certified in RaceJoy, there is also a RaceJoy Certification on Tuesday, January 26th.
The preliminary agenda can be accessed below for a preview of the topics you can expect.Agenda
Wednesday, January 27
The State of the Industry and Options for 2021 Events
- 2020 Trends and Strategy for 2021: Industry Trends from 2020, a technology roadmap for 2021, and planning for the year.
- Virtual Race Seminar: Successful virtual races are more than swag and a solo run. Learn the tools that transform your virtual event into an interactive experience.
- Virtual Challenge Seminar: Virtual challenges provide endless options for long-term supporter engagement. Keep everyone motivated and rewarded - the only limit is your creativity.
- Modified In-Person Event Seminar: Even the most experienced event organizers are re-learning the trade under COVID restrictions. Review best practices for a safe race day and the technology that helps.
- Hybrid Event Seminar: Take all the lessons from the first three sessions and put them together into a Hybrid Event - the most flexible, dynamic option for 2021. It’s the year of Hybrid!
Thursday, January 28
Essential Technology for 2021
In addition to an expert panel of race organizers and an open Town Hall with Bob, Thursday is dedicated to 20-minute micro-sessions featuring the key technology pieces for 2021. 20+ micro-sessions will cover:
- Tools for race promotion (like websites and referral rewards)
- Participant management options (like deferrals and multi-race bundles)
- Race day technology (like corrals and the CheckIn App)
- Choices for fundraising (like donation forms and ticket events)
RaceJoy Certification (Tuesday, 1/26, Timers Only)
Timers who complete the half-day RaceJoy Certification are eligible to offer RaceJoy to the races they work with. In order to attend the Certification (1pm-5pm on 1/19) must register for the option including RaceJoy Certification.
Certified Timers who offer RaceJoy oversee the administration of RaceJoy, including map building, timing configurations, adjustments, and coordinating efforts and support with race organizers and users.
What are the benefits of being certified?
- Market Differentiation. Offer a unique, interactive race experience that your competitors cannot match.
- Flexibility. RaceJoy allows you to more easily pivot between in-person and virtual races - while providing a personal experience in all outcomes.
- Additional Services. Races look to timers for leadership on technology; offering RaceJoy is a gateway to building a larger relationship with your clients
Learn More About RaceJoy