Sprint Triathlon: 400 yard swim, 13 mile bike, 2 mile run. Individuals Only.
The Sprint distance is both the USAT 2022 Arkansas Age Group and High School State Championship.
All Athlete Rules and Information:
- All competitors are REQUIRED to have a Current USA Triathlon license or purchase a USAT license in order to compete.
- Adults are one-day ($15) or annual ($50), youth ages 17 and under are required to have an annual license ($10). There are no one day licenses for youth.
- Racing age is calculated as of Dec 31 of the current year. Please CONFIRM RACING AGE with Registration Volunteers.
- Lake Wedington Recreation will open at 6 am on race day and there is no charge to enter. Prior to the race, the park entrance fee is $5 (subject to change).
- Lake Weddington Recreation area is 13 miles from Fayetteville. Use 15689 Lake Weddington Entry Road, Fayetteville, AR 72704 to obtain directions. Hwy 16 to the race site has several sharp curves. Most areas are posted 45 mph. Please allow extra drive time!!
- NO PARKING ON HWY 16
- Pets MAY be allowed in park or in restricted areas of park - check US Forest Service and Lake Wedington rules prior to event for current regulations.
- Event will be held Rain or Shine
- Courses are marked, but it's the racer's responsiblity to know the courses
- Water, Gatorage, organes and bananas will be available as each racer finishes
- Neutral Bike Service will be provided before the race and at Mandatory Bike Check in at Transition on Sunday by Lewis and Clark Outfitters.
- Wetsuits will be allowed according to USAT rules. Announcements on current water conditions will be made before the race.
- All USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations in effect.
Most Commonly Violated Rules
Note from Head Referee
Sprint Swim Course (400 yards)
The swim will take place in Lake Wedington. The course is a point to point in the shape of a rectangle. Buoys will be on the right. The average water temperature in early June can range from 75 to 85 degrees.
Transition: A single transition area. The transition from swim to bike will include a 200 meter slightly uphill run.
Sprint Bike Course (13 miles)
The bike course is a local favorite of both triathletes and cyclists. The course is on newly paved roads with a rolling terrain. www.strava.com/routes/19189068
Sprint Run Course (2 miles)
The run is a rolling, partially shaded, two-loop course on paved roads completely inside the park which provides great spectator viewing. The sprint course does not go up the famous hill, with many non-printable names! You will turn around near the base of the hill. Be sure to watch for the sign.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- Lake Wedington Recreation area is 13 miles from Fayetteville. Use 15689 Lake Weddington Entry Road, Fayetteville, AR 72704 to obtain directions. Hwy 16 to the race site has several sharp curves. Most areas are posted 45 mph. Please allow extra drive time!
- NO PARKING ON HWY 16 HIGHWAY. YOUR CAR WILL BE TOWED!
- If you park inside the main park you will not be permitted to leave until the last competitor has finished.
- Parking is available approximately 1,000 feet east of the main park entrance if you need to leave before
- the race is officially over
- Racers & Spectators will not be charged to enter the park on race day only.
TIME LIMIT: Swim – 1 hour; Bike – 1 hours; Run – 1 hour
MINIMUM AGE: 12 years - NO exceptions
MAPS - PRINTABLE
Sprint Swim / Run Map
Sprint Bike Map
AWARDS AND CATEGORIES
Door Prizes, Race Goodies
- Door prizes will include gift certificates and tons of bike gear.
- Post race meal will be provided to athletes following the race. There are options at the park for friends and family to purchase food.
- Lots of sponsors’ products and services will be in the goody bag for each participant.