OLYMPIC DISTANCE EVENTS:
- Olympic Triathlon: 1500 meter swim, 42.5 K bike, 10K run
- Open Water Swim: 1500 meters
- Aqua Bike: 1500 meter swim, 42.5 bike
- All competitors are REQUIRED to have a Current USA Triathlon license or purchase a USAT license in order to compete.
- Adults are one-day ($15) or annual ($50), youth ages 17 and under are required to have an annual license ($10). There are no one day licenses for youth.
- Racing age is calculated as of Dec 31 of the current year. Please CONFIRM RACING AGE with Registration Volunteers.
- Transition opens at 6 am on race day.
- Use 400 Skyline Dr, Arkdelphia, AR 71923 to obtain directions. Watch for event signage.
- Event will be held Rain or Shine
- Courses are marked, but it's the racer's responsiblity to know the courses
- Well stocked aid station, including water and Garorade, will be available as each racer finishes
- Neutral Bike Service will be provided before the race and at Mandatory Bike Check in at Transition.
- Courses are measured with GPS and are not certified.
- Wetsuits will be allowed according to USAT rules. Announcements on current water conditions will be made before the race. Avg water temp in September is mid-80's.
- Each participant will be issued an ankle chip, issued race day at registration area. Bring your race bib with you.
- All USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations in effect.
See Most Commonly Violated Rules
Note from Head Referee
Olympic / Open Water / Aqua Bike: Swim Course (1500 meters)
The swim will take place in Lake DeGray and is an in water start. The course is a clockwise 2 lap swim (750 meter course), there is no exiting between laps. The start and finish area is on a large concrete boat ramp. The swim course will close 60 minutes after the send off of the last wave. Historically the water temp averages is in the 80's. According to USA Triathlon regulations if the water temp is above 78F, wet suits will not be allowed.
Olympic / Aqua Bike: Bike Course (42.5K)
This is a one lap course. There are no aid station on this course.
Olympic Run Course (10K)
The run course is a two lap course. There will be aid stations approximately every mile.
Transition: A single transition area will be available.
- Only athletes with bib numbers, race officials and race management will be allowed in transition. NO others will be allowed in the transition area at any time during the event
- NO riding in transition area
- Participants will be allowed to remove their bikes (post race) from the transition area after all participants have returned from the bike portion of the race.
- Please be courteous and aware when removing your items.
- Anyone removing their bike prior to the authorized time or without permission from the Race Director will be disqualified.
- If you have special circumstances, such as work obligations or an emergency, please ask us and we will do our best to assist you.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- Address: 400 Skyline Dr, Arkadelphia, AR 71923
- Parking will be adjacent to the Transition area and is a first come, first serve basis on race day.
- There is no fee for parking.
- Volunteers will direct you where to park
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7 at the Spillway Dam Recreation Area from 6 - 7 pm. Experienced triathletes will discuss race-day preparation, nutrition, key do's and don'ts. A USA Triathlon official will also be on hand to address USAT rules and regulations. Bring your questions!
COURSE TIME LIMIT: Swim – 1 hour, 5 min; Bike – 3 hours and 10 min; Run – 4 hour and 15 min (All time cutoffs are from start of final swim wave)
MINIMUM AGE: 15 years by 12/31. NO exceptions
Olympic/ Open Water / Aqua Bike: Swim / Run Map
Olympic / Aqua Bike: Bike Map
AWARDS AND CATEGORIES:
Award Regulations for Triathlons
Door Prizes, Race Goodies
- Custom finisher medals
- Door prizes will include gift certificates and tons of bike gear.
- Post race food and well stocked aid stations. There are options at the park for friends and family to purchase food.
- Lots of sponsors’ products and services will be in the goody bag for each participant.
- Free t-shirt (or reduced option for upgraded shirt)