In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
SCHEDULE OF RACES
3 DAYS OF IN-PERSON RACES!
Run 1, 2 or 3 races on an easy loop course! Race features:
- Half Marathon, Full Marathon and Ultra Marathon each day!
- TRWD property means low chance of cancellation!
- Paved 6+-mile loop with an out-and-back! (Half = 2 loops; Marathon = 4 Loops; Ultra = 5+ loops)
- Pre-race Packet Pickup at the race site: 4PM-8PM Thursday, 4PM-6PM Friday & 4PM-6PM Saturday at the race site.
- Race Day Packet Pickup and same-day registration at race location starting 1 hour before each race.
- FREE parking!
- Long-sleeve tee-shirts (size not guaranteed after March 21st)
- Unique participant medals! Different medal each day!
- Awards for top 3 Males/ top 3 Females at each race, and top Male/Female for the series!
- Save money on 2 races by registering for the Double Dog Dare!
- Save even more on 3 races by registering for the Three Dog Night!
- Virtual options also available!
- Dizzy Dalmatian 101! Run the longest distance each day, earn a buckle!
Part of the mission of the Tarrant Regional Water district is to "Enhance the quality of life in North Texas communities by creating recreation opportunities around TRWD infrastructure to enable active lifestyles.' This means that they actively encourage and promote access to leisure running, biking, boating, etc., as well as to running races and triathlons. The first races held in DFW in the COVID era were held on TRWD land on the Trinity River in Fort Worth, and as of this writing, they have yet to cancel any (once they've been approved with proper safety protocols, etc.) For more information about TRWD, please click the icon in the Sponsors & Partners section of the page.
2019: City of Bedford Animal Services
2020: City of Bedford Animal Services and Mazie's Mission (a non-profit, full-service veterinary hospital that only works with Animal Rescue groups.)
2021: Texas Coalition for Animal Protection, aka TCAP (provides low-cost spay/neuter services and vaccinations at 8 clinics and 40 mobile locations.)
The course roughly follows the shores of Marine Creek Lake, except for a 1/2-mile out and back at the northern tip that is done each lap. Most of it is through thick woods (windbreak) but the open areas may be windy. The surface is primarily concrete, and about 10' wide. The dam is crushed gravel.
There is no significant elevation on most of the course: on fresh legs, you might even think it's mostly flat (but if you do the double or the triple, you'll know better, lol!), The Dam is significantly higher than the rest of the course. Depending upon the day, the Dam will either be at the beginning or end of each loop. The finish is at the level of the Dam.
The course is run Clockwise Friday and Sunday, and Counter-clockwise on Saturday
Half Marathon: 2 laps
Full Marathon: 4 laps
Ultra Marathon: ~1-mile out-n-back along the dam, then 5 laps in the direction of the day.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.