RACE DAY TIMELINE:
- 10 am - 1 pm - Packet Pickup & Onsite Registration
- 11:30 am - Transition Area Opens - must have packet
- 1:15 pm - Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting with USAT Official
- 1:20 pm - Prayer and National Anthem
- 1:25 pm - Final Return to Transition Area
- 1:30 pm - Transition Area Closes to all competitors
- 1:30 pm - Males 39 and under
- 1:35 pm - Males 40 and over
- 1:40 pm - Females 39 and under
- 1:41 pm - Females 40 and over
- 3:00 pm - Awards
DIRECTIONS TO HOLIDAY ISLAND (9.2 miles from Eureka Springs)
- Holiday Island Recreation Center - 13 Buckskin Lane, Holiday Island, AR 72631
- Look for Signage at Intersections - from the intersection of Hwy 23/62 in Eureka Springs head north on Hwy 23 (which is Main Street) for 4.7 miles. Turn left on Hwy 187 and proceed 2 miles to CR 254 / Woodsdale Dr. Turn right on CR 254 / Woodsdale Dr and proceed 1.7 miles to Shields Dr (which is just across the bridge) and turn / veer left and go .8 miles on Shields Dr to the Holiday Island Rec Center.
- Parking will be available at the Holiday Island Recreation Center and other designated areas.
- NO DROP OFF OF BIKES WILL BE ALLOWED. YOU MUST PARK FIRST IN THE GRASS AREA BEHIND the Hoiday Island Rec Center - NOT IN PARKING LOT.
- A MANDATORY PRE-RACE MEETING WILL BE HELD AT TRANSITION AREA AT 1:15 pm
- Courses are marked, but it's the racer's responsibility to know the courses
- Water, Gatorage, orange and bananas will be available as each racer finishes
- Neutral bike service will be provided before the race and at the Mandatory Bike Check-In by Lewis & Clark Outfitters.
- Issued at Transition area during body marking from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- This event is timed with an electronic chip, which is on an ankle bracelet that will be worn around a participant's ankle. Each participant must wear the ankle bracelet. NO CHIP, NO TIME. Lost chips or chips not returned will result in a $30 replacement fee. If you elect not to finish race (DNF), please return your chip to the FINISH LINE immediately.
RACE NUMBERS (3 different numbers)
- Bike Frame - attached on frame or seat post
- Helmet Number - is a peel and stick # and worn on FRONT on Helmet
- Running Bib Number - can be worn while on the bike, but MUST be worn on the FRONT while on the run
- 4 bikes per side or 8 bikes per section
- Athletes must place their transition items to the LEFT of bike when facing the bike racks
- There is a limited area available for athletes to rack their bike and set-up a transition site
- Rack position is on a First-Come basis. DO NOT MOVE other's equipment without permission
- Please keep your gear organized throughout the event. NO GLASS CONTAINERS allowed
- No one may remove their bike from the transition area until the coordinator gives the OK
- The transition flow - swim in is the same as the run out. Bike in and Bike out are the same (refer to Transition Map map)
BODY MARKING (with tattoos - T) - Athletes will be marked as follows...
- Left Hand Race #
- Left Upper Arm Race # (T)
- Right Upper Arm Race # (T)
- Right Calf Racing Age (T)
WAVE INFORMATION - Time: Swim Cap: Group
- First 1:30 pm: Color TBA: Males 39 and under
- Second 1:35 pm: Color TBA: Males 40 and over
- Third 1:40 pm: Color TBA: Females 39 and under
- Fourth 1:41 pm: Color TBA: Females 40 and over
BIKE COURSE - 6.25 MILES
- Helmets will be checked to make sure they are Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) approved before you enter the transition area
- Chinstraps MUST be buckled at ALL TIMES while on the bike before, during and after the race
- Bar end plugs will be checked. Lewis & Clark Outfitters will provide them at no charge, but you have to replace them yourself
- THERE IS A MOUNT / DISMOUNT LINE LOCATED JUST OUTSIDE OF THE TRANSITION AREA! NO RIDING IN THE TRANSITION AREA
- We suggest that you have your bike in an easier gear than normal...it's an uphill mount
- Both motorcycle and race support personnel will be acting as draft marshals
RUN COURSE - 2 Miles
- Bib number MUST be VISABLE when you start the run and MUST be worn on the FRONT. It is MANDATORY during the run and when you cross the finish line
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!