SATURDAY - UPDATED START LOCATION (7/6/2021)
The 20 mile route will take you through historic downtown Eureka Springs and out to Holiday Island, where you will cross over Table Rock Lake and complete a lap around the island. You will finish in front of the Eureka Springs Courthouse in downtown Eureka Springs.
The 32 mile route will take you out into Carroll County though Berryville and then south into some of the most scenic countryside around. Be sure to check out the information on our AWESOME aid stations at the bottom of the page!
The 64 and 102 mile routes will take you out into scenic Carroll County, though Berryville and into Green Forest before traveling along rural areas of the county. Be sure to check out the information on our AWESOME aid stations at the bottom of the page!
All bike events finish in front of the Eureka Springs Courthouse, 44 S Main St, Eureka Springs, AR 72632
All bike events start at the Eureka Springs Middle School, 142 Greenwood Hollow Rd, Eureka Springs, AR 72632
All Gran Fondo events are USA Cycling sanctioned and all USA Cycling Non-Competitive Rules Apply.
IMPORTANT NOTES for transportation, road hazards and safety.
INFORMATION AND RULES
- Every rider MUST wear provided helmet #, bib and bike frame #, plus timing chip
- Road, mountain or triathlon bikes are allowed, make sure the are in good working condition
- Although there are some road closures, intersection controls and limited police escorts...ALL Fondo Riders are responsible for staying RIGHT OF CENTERLINE AT ALL TIMES!
- "Rule of the Road" - you are subject to all traffic laws set forth by the State of Arkansas! You must stop at traffic lights and stop signs; ride single or double as allowed. BE SMART!
- Act like your life depends on your own common sense - because it does!
- Pick your ride distance according to your Realistic ability and training pace the past couple months.. To ensure everyone keeps pace we have rerouting points. A sweep vehicle driver will advise slower riders of their options to continue unsupported or SAG to finish when support ends. Riders opting to continue without support will relinquish timing chip upon notice by sweep.
- HEAD PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED in triathlon or bike rides. If head phones are observed then participants will be disqualified!
- Competitors are not required to have a USA Cycling license
- Each competitor MUST SIGN a USA Cycling release form at packet pickup/onsite registration
- Participants may purchase $25K in accidental/medical insurance for a $15 one-day license
- All events are Rain or Shine
See PACKET PICKUP for all available options - Must pickup packet IN PERSON - NO exceptions
GRAN FONDO COURSE TIME LIMITS
- 20 mile - 2.5 hours
- 32 mile - 4 hours
- 64 Mile - 6.5 hours
- 102 Mile (9.5 hours) - 4:30 pm Race Support Ends
START LOCATION (UPDATED 7/6/2021):
SATURDAY - IMPORTANT Information for Transportation and Safety
- UPDATED 7/6/2021 - Bike Rides start at Eureka Springs Middle School, which is located at 142 Greenwood Hollow Rd, Eureka Springs, AR 72632.
- The Eureka Springs Middle School is 0.7 miles south from the Hwy 23 / Hwy 62 intersections (this intersection is located next to Land O Nod motel, which is not the staging area).
- Parking is located adjacent to the Middle School at the ES High School, 2 Lake Lucerne Rd, Eureka Springs, AR 72632. Follow signage and volunteers
- 7:00 am - 102 mile start
- 7:15 am - 64 mile start
- 7:30 am - 32 mile start
- 7:35 am - 20 mile start
- There is ample parking at the High School, but we encourage people to car pool or ride to the start from their accommodations.
- The finish line is located in front of the Eureka Springs Courthouse in downtown Eureka Springs. We will have a shuttle to take you to your car (no bikes allowed on shuttle) and then you can drive down next to finish line area to pick up bike.
- There is also a Trolley system in Eureka, if you wish to bring money for it.
MAPS AND ONLINE COURSE LINKS:
- 102 Mile Course:
- 64 Mile Course:
- 32 Mile Course:
- 20 Mile Course:
GRAN FONDO MINIMUM AGE: Age calculated as of December 31:
- 20 mile - Age 14 (if accompanied by parent/guardian age 10)
- 32 mile - Age 14
- 64 mile - Age 16
- 102 mile - Age 18
FUN AID STATIONS
The aid stations or as we like to call them..the FUN STATIONS are one of a kind! Voted by seasoned Gran Fondo and bike tour riders as some of the best! Besides the basics of energy bars and gels, water, electrolyte drinks, and fruit, each community will have their own goodies. From locally cured deer jerky to homemade cinnamon rolls and Mickey's one-of-a-kind bars!!
- 102 Mile Route - Mile Markers - 12, 19.5, 34, 50, 68, 83 and 95
- 64 Mile Route - Mile Markers - 12, 19.5, 31, 45, 58
- 32 Mile Route - Mile Markers - 13, 26
- 20 Mile Route - Mile Marker - 12
AWARDS AND CEREMONIES
- Finish line post bike ride celebration - adult beverages and snacks.
- Finisher Item for each athlete!
- Video & Weekend Recap - Sunday at 10:00 am - You don't want to miss this!!
- DOOR PRIZES - lots of door prizes available for anyone who attends! Sunday 10:15 am at the Eureka Springs Auditorium
- Eurekan Recognition at 10:30 am at the Eureka Springs Auditorium, 36 S Main St