In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
President George Washington forged this area in 1791, and Wilmington Foundation and Without Limits invite you to do the same! The two organizations have partnered to bring the first Ultra race to Wilmington next January. Whether you are a participant, a sponsor, or a spectator, you will be an important part of the Southern Tour Ultra!
Known as the Woodstock of the Southeast, The Southern Tour Ultra will include a 50 Mile open race, a 50-kilometer race and a 50-mile team age graded relay. Be a part of history while promoting healthy living and having fun. With awesome classic rock, camping, tailgating and an all-day bon fire, this will be much more than an Ultra race.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
1. There is no specific order your team has to run, however the first person from each team will need to check in your team before the race start.
2. Each team has a baton, you must complete the race with your baton
3. Each runner's first leg will count toward their overall 5 mile time. For example if you are running 2 legs of the relay, legs 1 and 6, your first leg will be the one that counts toward the 5 mile overall results (even if 6 is faster)
4. Each runner must run with a chipped bib and their team's baton
5. Handicaps will be added to the team's times throughout the day. The lower the handicap, the more time off the team will receive at the end. For example 89 means 89% of the overall time:)
6. Any changes to your team must be submitted prior to the race or your team is subject to DQ.
Women + 10% added to the below
15 and under 5%
16-39 - 0%
40 - 1%
41 - 2%
42 - 3%
43 - 4%
44 - 5%
45 - 6%
46 - 7%
47 - 8%
48 - 9%
49 - 10%
50-54 - 14%
55-59 - 18%
60-64 - 21%
65-69 - 26%
70+ - 30%
Are you looking for a different challenge? Try the LAST MAN STANDING category. The 2023 Last Man Standing is BACKYARD ULTRA APPROVED. If you are not sure what the backyard ultra is, please click here.
You will run the 4.167 mile course every 1:00:00. If you finish in 40:00 you have 20:00 rest.
The last runner on the course completing the final lap under 1:00:00 will be the winner.
The Last Man Standing event will begin Friday January 20th at 9:00pm
1:00pm to 6:00pm – Packet Pickup at Fleet Feet Sports Wilmington
1:00pm to 6:00pm – Camping Check In at Packet Pickup location (must have a camping pass to enter the grounds)
6:00pm - All RVs and Campers must be inside the premises
6:00pm Cookout begins
9:00pm Last Man Standing Begins - All Athletes must be in before 7pm (dark)
5:30am - Gates open - Cars can only drive in, there will be no exiting until after 12:00pm
6:15am - 50 mile meeting (Mandatory)
6:30am - 50 mile race begins
6:45am - 50K meeting (Mandatory)
7:00am - 50K race begins
7:15 am Relay Meeting (Mandatory)
7:30am - 50 mile relay 1st leg runners start (all 1st runners must check in)
12:00pm - Traffic can now only exit the property due to 1 way street
4:00pm - Course Sweep – 50K and 50 Mile you must be on your last lap by 4:00pm to finish
5:00pm - All Relay Teams must be on your last lap
10:00pm - Campers – all music and noise off
9:00am clear site – please plan to be gone by 9:00am
PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR TRASH
There are two options for parking:
1. NEAR THE EVENT FIELD (Yellow on the maps): These fields are closest to the events staging. 4 Wheel drive vehicles are highly recommended for this area. A and B. It will be best to carpool with folks to park here. If you park here, remember you can only enter before 12:00pm and Exit after 12:00pm. You can not come and go as you please, please abide by these rules.
2. UP FRONT BY THE POWER LINES (Purple on the Map): This is upfront and about a 600 meter walk to the event staging area. Any style car can park here and come in and out throughout the day however walking is involved. This is also the area where you can park Friday without a camping pass and run the course or walk your stuff to the field to set up for Saturday.
All of these areas are marked on the course map.
Wide fire road with single track in portions
Pond and Log Crossings
Views of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway
With a beauty unparalleled, this unmanaged coastal wilderness includes a labyrinth of trees and winding paths that take you from the historical soil where President Washington stood to the wind-swept coastal plains. You run in a tunnel of vines and dense forest and open into a sand-laden marshland with amazing views. One with nature, you may encounter osprey flying overhead or even deer on the trails—all part of the Ultra-experience. The blue and orange skies of the coastal Carolinas beckon you to keep going! It is an Ultra and despite the conditions, you cannot give up!
Join us in presenting this unique event to our community and to the Ultra race community.
Trophy + Southern Tour Hat - Top 3
Finisher Belt Buckle + Top 3 overall male and female
Finisher Medal + Top 3 overall male and female
$800 to overall team fastest NET team (handicapped)
$200 for fastest team
2nd and 3rd place teams get recognized
Fastest 5 mile split – Men, Women, Masters M and Masters W.
50K and 50 Mile individual will receive a Without Limits T-Shirt
50 mile relay participants will receive a Without Limits T-Shirt
We are thankful to be able to use this property. This piece of land is one of a kind and we MUST take care of it to continue this race year after year. We have a zero tolerance policy on anyone breaking our site rules, and you will be asked to leave if there are any issues.
Be aware – the course has its challenges. This is a not like a road race. There are obstacles, difficult footing, and challenging areas. This is an ULTRA RACE! Be aware and mindful of where you are stepping and looking at all times. The course terrain and race site is VERY Natural. Expect all conditions and plan to spend a day in the deep woods.
ADDITIONAL INFO TO REMEMBER:
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Want to stay informed? Join our information email list!