In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
President George Washington forged this area in 1791, and Wilmington Foundation and Without Limits invite you to do the same! The two organizations have partnered to bring the first Ultra race to Wilmington next January. Whether you are a participant, a sponsor, or a spectator, you will be an important part of the Southern Tour Ultra!
Known as the Woodstock of the Southeast, The Southern Tour Ultra will include a 50 Mile open race, a 50-kilometer race and a 50-mile team age graded relay. Be a part of history while promoting healthy living and having fun. With awesome classic rock, camping, tailgating and an all-day bon fire, this will be much more than an Ultra race.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Friday, January 18th from 1:00pm to 6:00pm.
OGDEN PLAZA 6840 MARKET ST
Starts at 6:30am – arriving at the site early as close to 5:30am is recommended
Strict 12 hour cutoff, you must be on your last lap by 4:00pm with a headlamp.
5 loops of the 10 mile course - Subject to change based on course conditions
You must wear your bib at all times during the race. Your bib has your chip.
You must run through the checkpoint each lap to get an official time
Top 3 male and female will be awarded
Each 50mile participant gets 1 camping pass.
Everyone will get a 50 mile finisher award
Aid Station – around 2.5 miles with Water, Gatorade, Gels and Bananas. The 2nd Aid Station will be a self served aid station around 7.5 miles. The 3rd station will be your 10 mile check point at the event field.
1. There is no specific order your team has to run, however the first person from each team will need to check in your team before the race start.
2. Each team has a baton, you must complete the race with your baton
3. Each runner's first leg will count toward their overall 5 mile time. For example if you are running 2 legs of the relay, legs 1 and 6, your first leg will be the one that counts toward the 5 mile overall results (even if 6 is faster)
4. Each runner must run with a chipped bib and their team's baton
5. Handicaps will be added to the team's times throughout the day. The lower the handicap, the more time off the team will receive at the end. For example 89 means 89% of the overall time:)
6. Any changes to your team must be submitted prior to the race or your team is subject to DQ.
1:00pm to 6:00pm – Packet Pickup Ogden Plaza - 6840 Market Street
1:00pm to 6:00pm – Camping Check In (must have a camping pass to enter the grounds)
6:00pm - All RVs and Campers must be inside the premises
6pm Friday to 5:30am Saturday Gates will be locked
5:30am Gates open - Cars can only drive in, there will be no exiting until after 12:00pm
5:30am - Shuttle Service begins from Scott's Hill Baptist Church
6:20am - 50 mile meeting
6:30am - 50 mile individual race begins
7:10am Pre-Race Meeting for all other races
7:25 National Anthem
7:30am 50K Start
8:00am 50 mile relay 1st leg runners start
12:00pm - Traffic can now only exit the property due to 1 way street
4:00pm - 50 mile individuals must be on their last 10 mile lap.
5:00pm Course Sweep – you must be on your last lap by 5:00pm to finish (That gives 50K 9.5 hours and 50 mile relay 9 hours)
10:00pm anyone camping – all music and noise off
9:00am clear site – please plan to be gone by 9:00am
PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR TRASH
The Southern Tour Ultra has a single fire road off of a major highway in and out. Because we have had so much rain this year, we can only utilize this road for the race. Please reference to the map below for parking and shuttle areas.
There are 3 options for parking:
1. Field A and B which are closest to the events staging. 4 Wheel drive vehicles are only allowed in Field A and B. It will be best to carpool with folks to park here. If you park here, remember you can only enter before 12:00pm and Exit after 12:00pm. You can not come and go as you please, please abide by these rules.
2. Area C. This is upfront and about a 600 meter walk to the event staging area. Any style car can park here and come in and out throughout the day however walking is involved. This is also the area you can park Friday without a camping pass and run the course or walk your stuff to the field to set up for Saturday.
3. Scott's Hill Baptist Church: We will have 2 shuttles running from Scott's Hill Church starting at 5:30am to 9am. At 9am it will go down to 1 shuttle through the afternoon. Shuttles will run back and forth throughout the day. Give yourself ample time.
Wide fire road with single track in portions
Pond and Log Crossings
Views of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway
With a beauty unparalleled, this unmanaged coastal wilderness includes a labyrinth of trees and winding paths that take you from the historical soil where President Washington stood to the wind-swept coastal plains. You run in a tunnel of vines and dense forest and open into a sand-laden marshland with amazing views. One with nature, you may encounter osprey flying overhead or even deer on the trails—all part of the Ultra-experience. The blue and orange skies of the coastal Carolinas beckon you to keep going! It is an Ultra and despite the conditions, you cannot give up!
Join us in presenting this unique event to our community and to the Ultra race community.
Finisher Belt Buckle + Top 3 overall male and female
Finisher Horseshoe Medal + Top 3 overall male and female
$800 to overall team fastest NET team (handicapped)
$200 for fastest team
2nd and 3rd place teams get recognized
Fastest 5 mile split – Men, Women, Masters M and Masters W.
50K and 50 Mile individual will receive a Without Limits Baseball T-Shirt
50 mile relay participants will receive a long sleeve Without Limits brand T-shirt
We are thankful to be able to use this property. This piece of land is one of a kind and we MUST take care of it to continue this race year after year. We have a zero tolerance policy on anyone breaking our site rules, and you will be asked to leave if there are any issues.
Be aware – the course has its challenges. This is a not like a road race. There are obstacles, difficult footing, and challenging areas. This is an ULTRA RACE! Be aware and mindful of where you are stepping and looking at all times. The course terrain and race site is VERY Natural. Expect all conditions and plan to spend a day in the deep woods.
ADDITIONAL INFO TO REMEMBER:
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.