In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Each year, the Mountain Goat Racing Committee singles out a few key individuals who have made a lasting impact on the Mountain Goat Run.
As a 'Thank you' for their work, each member has been immortalized on our Mountain Goat Statue in Onondaga Park.
Please send in your nomination for a nominee that has aided the Mountain Goat Run in any of the following ways!
MT. GOAT HALL OF FAME (HOF) INDUCTION SCORING
(Created by the Mt. Goat HOF Selection Committee 08-11-22)
The nominee must meet the following criterion to be included on the ballot.
1. Nominee has been associated with the Mountain Goat Run for at least three years
2. Nominee has brought distinction to the Mountain Goat Run by their outstanding achievement or athletic performance
3. Nominee has made a significant contribution to the success of the Mountain Goat Run
4. Nominee has performed an unusual or distinguished service which has effectively helped the Mountain Goat Run.
COMMITTEE VOTING PROCESS
1) Candidates shall be voted on using a point total of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest point total awarded based on these equally weighted standards
A. Historical Significance
B. Race Day Service
C. Competitive Performance
D. Service to the Mt. Goat Community
E. Years of Involvement
2) Candidates will appear on the ballot in alphabetical order. The candidates with the top point totals, who also are named on a majority (51 percent or more) of the ballots cast, will be sorted for election.
3) In the case of a tie between two or more individuals, the following steps will be followed to break the tie (a – The candidate who appears on the most ballots will be inducted, b – If the candidates all appear on the same number of ballots, the committee will break the tie by re-vote of the individuals involved in the tie).
4) Nominees for induction into the Hall of Fame shall remain on the primary ballot for three years. After the third year, if the nominee has not earned the required votes for election, he or she shall be eliminated from the ballot. After an additional three-year waiting period, that candidate may again be nominated for consideration.
5) If a nominee on the primary ballot for the Hall of Fame receives zero (0) votes for three consecutive years, that candidate shall be removed from the ballot. After an additional three-year waiting period, that candidate may again be nominated for consideration.
Note 1: Candidates and ballots will not be published.
Note 2: The induction scoring is subject to review by the HOF Selection Committee.
2024 - Still accepting nominations
2023 - Patti Ford, John Hohm, Tom Twichell, & Bruce Bachman
2022 - John Nolan & Rich Rima
2020 - Joe Fischer, Tony Martin, Lennie Tucker, Dave Mullen & Brendan Jackson
2019 - Ed Griffin, Maegan Krifchin, Margaret Hartmann & Dave McSally
2018 - Jerry Smith, David Beach & Randy Clark
2017 - Michelle LaFleur, Kevin Collins, Walt Price, William Nurk, Mary Beth Roach & Charlene Lyford
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.